If you’re considering pursuing a gestational surrogacy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, there may be a few big thoughts running through your head:
- How does surrogacy work?
- How do I know if surrogacy is right for me?
- I live in Pittsburgh, I want to be a surrogate or intended parent, and I don’t know where to start.
At Bierly & Rabuck, we know how confusing the surrogacy process can be, especially to those who are embarking on it for the first time. We also know how hard it can be to find the right surrogacy professionals to guide you through the process. With so many Pittsburgh surrogacy professionals to choose from, how do you decide which ones are right for you?
This article can help. Below, you can find information on not only which surrogacy professionals you will need in your journey but also where you can find the best professionals in your area.
Want to get started with your surrogacy in Pittsburgh? Look no further than Bierly & Rabuck.
Let Bierly & Rabuck Be Your Gestational Surrogacy Lawyers in Pittsburgh
If you have come to this page, you probably already know that you’ll need an intended parent and surrogate lawyer in Pittsburgh to complete your journey. A surrogacy attorney is necessary to protect the rights and interests of both parties — by making sure every Pittsburgh surrogacy journey is completed safely, ethically and legally.
At Bierly & Rabuck, we can offer experienced gestational surrogacy lawyers in Pittsburg to meet all of your legal needs. When you work with our surrogacy attorneys, they will:
- Determine whether your surrogacy meets legal requirements
- Draft a surrogacy contract that details rights and responsibilities, risks and liabilities, compensation and insurance, etc.
- Establish the intended parents’ rights through pre-birth parentage orders and any necessary post-birth legal actions
- And provide legal guidance and consultation through every step of the process
Whether you plan to be a surrogate or intended parent in your Pittsburgh surrogacy, you will need a separate surrogacy attorney from your surrogacy partner. Remember, the attorneys at Bierly & Rabuck are always here to assist you. For more information on our legal services, please call 814-237-7900 or contact us online.
Do You Need a Pittsburgh Surrogacy Agency?
In most surrogacy cases, intended parents and gestational carriers have two choices for their surrogacy search in Pittsburgh: an independent or agency-assisted search. If you choose not to work with an agency, you may think your only option is through independent ads for intended parents or independent ads for surrogates in Pittsburgh. However, did you know you can still receive guidance in an independent surrogacy search — by working with Bierly & Rabuck?
That’s right — unlike many other surrogacy attorneys, the professionals at Bierly & Rabuck go beyond the legal basics to guide you through your surrogacy in Pittsburgh. In many ways, the services that our surrogacy program provides are comparable to those of a surrogacy agency in that we will:
- Explain the surrogacy process and ensure you meet necessary requirements before moving forward
- Help you find an intended parent or gestational carrier to work with
- Coordinate with any additional professionals you desire in your journey
- Facilitate contact between you and your surrogacy partner
- Complete all necessary legal services in your Pittsburgh surrogacy
- And more
Before you start your surrogacy search in Pittsburgh, PA, with a local or national agency, we encourage you to reach out to our surrogacy professionals for more information on how we can guide you through this process. Many of our clients find that our surrogacy program offers every service they need, and we would love to assist you through your personal journey, too.
Pittsburgh Surrogacy Clinics
In addition to a Pittsburgh surrogacy attorney and surrogacy agency, there is one more required professional in your surrogacy process: a surrogacy clinic, also known as a fertility clinic.
Gestational surrogacy involves a complicated medical process that can only be completed by experienced medical professionals. A surrogacy clinic will screen both parties to ensure they meet eligibility requirements, prepare a gestational carrier for transfer with specific fertility medication and complete the eventual embryo transfer process.
Many intended parents who approach Bierly & Rabuck about surrogacy in Pittsburgh already have a surrogacy clinic in mind. Even if that clinic is not centrally located, they can still complete medical steps with that fertility clinic, as long as they pay for the gestational carrier’s travel costs.
However, if you do not have a Pittsburgh surrogacy clinic in mind, there are a few local options available to you:
- Reproductive Health Specialists
- AHN Center for Reproductive Medicine
- The Center for Fertility & Gynecology
Our professionals also recommend these clinics located more regionally across Pennsylvania and surrounding states:
- Shady Grove Fertility Center
- Connecticut Fertility
- Society Hill Reproductive Medicine
- Main Line Fertility
- Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey
So, whether you’re looking for intended parents or surrogates in Pittsburgh, PA, or just curious about what a surrogacy journey in Pennsylvania may look like for you, please reach out to Bierly & Rabuck today. Our professionals can answer all of your questions about the surrogacy process and help you obtain the resources you need to meet your personal surrogacy goals and preferences.